Our "Scrappy" Friends!

Welcome!

Hello fellow scrapbookers!!! Welcome to "Lasting Memories" which is all about LAYOUTS!! Yes, JUST layouts! There are no cards allowed here. We have weekly themed challenges, but you have the whole month to get in on the fun! Our challenges begin each Sunday at 8am EST and all 4 challenges will end on the date listed on the sidebar at 6pm EST. At month's end, we will choose a GDT to join us for a month! Only one entry per challenge, and no back-linking is allowed since we would love to know that we "challenged" you. We look forward to challenging you and helping you get your pages completed!

Specialized Hosting Sites

A lot of crafters use specialized hosting sites that not all of us have access to. We just wanted to let you know that if we don't comment, it's because we don't have access - but we see your work here at LM and appreciate your taking the time to link up and show off your style!!

Thursday, April 10, 2014

PRIZE and Please Meet our GDT for April!

Hi everyone! Happy Thursday!! Have you had time to join us this week? Direct link is on the sidebar as well as a list of the upcoming challenges for this month! Work ahead and get in on the fun! 

Our prize pack for this month is a $10 gift certificate from store of your choice - thank you to our challenge host this month, Kimberly!

Now, lets meet our GDT for the month of April!!! Please welcome Jackie!!

April Guest Designer ..

Hello Everyone! I'm so excited to have been invited to be the guest designer this month. I have been with my wonderful husband for 20 years, and married to him for 16. We have two beautiful children, Crystyl, who is 19, and William, who is 8. I also have an adorable granddaughter, Meila, who is 8 months old. We live on the Washington coast in a little town called Aberdeen. My husband and I are both teachers, and I currently teach 3rd grade. Never a dull moment! I started scrapbooking when my daughter was 8 or so. I was invited to a Creative Memories event, and I grudgingly went. By the time my friend and I left I had bought a full kit for both her and me! She never used her stuff, but I used mine to death. But, I knew really early that I didn't want to stick with just CM products. Even at that point there were tons of cute things out there. I think my scrapbooking really changed when I bought my first Cricut machine. I just couldn't stop creating. Over the years I have taken classes, watched videos, tried and failed at new techniques; anything to improve. I finally feel like I'm settling into a style, and I'm having a blast playing and learning more. If I could find a way to quit my job and just scrapbook all day I would. Being creative makes me happy! I am very excited to be creating with Lasting Memories, and I look forward to seeing everyone take on this months challenges. 

Jackie George
http://picturingitscraphappy.blogspot.com
And here's Jackie's debut!!!
"it's all in the colour". I used Heidi Swapp Color Shine paper and Color Shine to color the paper. I also spritzed the Color Shine on the flowers, and sprinkled it on the layout itself. I also used an Ebony pen to doodle on the page. I love doodling! :)






Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you find time to create with us this week!

3 comments:

Michele said...

Beautiful Jackie!!! Welcome to our crazy/fun group for the month. :)

KarenB said...

Welcome Jackie! Love your layouts so much - this one is just beautiful :)

Denise Pustelniak said...

Hey Jackie, a BIG welcome to you! Beautiful LO!

Related Posts with Thumbnails